Peer Review
I received some enlightening feedback on my project, but it was overall very positive. I was relieved and pleased with what was said. When I went up to the board to present it also gave me perspective seeing my work enlarged on the screen. I saw that it actually came through nicely and was not as blurry, but I also recognized that my Contents page looked a lot more crowded and unproportionate than I thought.
As for positive reinforcement, I had several say that they thought my project was creative and original. They liked how I had painted the images and kept a theme throughout. A few said that they liked that the images were simplistic and colorful. They also said that the overall look was professional. Two of my classmates said that it was appealing because it was like an illustrated children's book. This made me happy to hear; my concept benefits from being as bookish as possible.
One of my classmates said that they thought I should change the color of the masthead because it was the same as the tree and blends in a bit too much. However, another said that they liked how it matched and kept the green scheme. They also said, as well as my teacher, that they liked how the feature article title on the cover matched the purple flowers. Also for the masthead my teacher told me that it needed to be moved down as it looked cramped near the top. This is an easy fix, but that means I also have to figure out how to change the text below it. She said I should make the month smaller and my tagline larger underneath the masthead. The other main criticism I received was for my contents page. Several agreed with me that it was a bit cramped, and my teacher pointed out that the 'Enigmas' section had more space than the others. The columns/sections were fit pretty tight. To free up space, I can not just make the font smaller but fix the heading. My teacher suggested that I remove 'May 2021' since I already have the month on the cover and it is unnecessary. I can just put 'Contents' and move everything else up the page. There was nothing that I needed to change for my feature article, except I saw that the paint smudge I had tried to remove was still there. I pointed this out but I just need to go through and put white over it to get it out. I look forward to making these revisions and buffing the project up.
Comments
Post a Comment