Storyboard
During the process of
storyboarding, it was difficult not to get stuck thinking about one particular
detail. I had to learn to let my ideas
flow and take note of how I want to improve for my final draft. I am still dissatisfied with the cover. I am not sure if I want so much blank blue-sky
space. I originally tried making the tree
a lot bigger, the branches and leaves shooting up into the title, but I could
not get it to look right and the trunk was strange. I had also originally
envisioned more of a teeming, full garden taking over the page but that did not
happen. I very soon realized that my preliminary layout had nowhere near enough
details and was extremely lacking. I had
to actually pinpoint my ideas down further to translate them onto the page.
I am pleased with my
concept for the Content page and the feature article. They may not look the best at the moment, but
I will out a lot more time and attention into the artwork when it is my final draft
I got really excited about the
different sections and article titles. I plan to do an ink and watercolor paint as that
is personally my best medium. I will
scan the work into InDesign and then type over it, using the same colors I
purposefully used in my storyboard. Some
purposeful colors include the teal green for Mental health as that is the color
it is signified by. The others made sense
in my mind. For the cover, the one aspect
I do really like is the green on the light blue. I need to see if the tagline will look like
and if I expand my artwork I may need to downsize the feature article
title. Overall, my concept definitely came
together better and I learned a lot about execution and creativity. I would like to take a few days to consider how
to improve it, specifically the cover.
Cover and Content Pages:
Feature Article:




Comments
Post a Comment