Production 3- Cover Image and more

     I have made tremendous progress on my project the past week but I have not documented it as much as I should have as I got caught up in the work itself.  I have learned,  as I do almost any time I paint or work on a project, how to be patient.  I finished the cover photo as well as the photo for the second page of the feature article.   I also did the small photos for the content page but I did not put that page below as I have not yet scanned it in.  I have not decided if I want to add something else next to the cherry blossom tree branch because it actually did take up less space then I thought (i.e. horizontally).

    I am happy with how both images turned out, although the sky is not as light as I tried to make it on the cover page.  The flowers are not as delicate as they could have been, but I like the shades of purple and I like how the reading girl turned out.  I expected that to be the most difficult.  I like how the tree and sky are expansive.  The girl is an integral part of the cover, but it is more important for the viewer to note she is surrounded by the outdoors, a large tree and expanse of blue sky.  I think the mountains are a good bookend.  The sun seems hopeful and it is overall a peaceful, simple painting.  

    Now, the most difficult part for me is going to be scanning them, uploading them to Adobe Creative Cloud.  

Note: the gray line on the bottom will not be there. It happened with the scan


    Additionally, I heard back from two of the people I reached out to - one certified in natural healing, one a certified psychologist- and was able to ask them questions for the feature article! I still need to figure out what I want to pull from what they gave me, but I will include more on that experience in my next blog post.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review

Production 2- Continued Work on Images