Production 4- Final Portion of Project Complete
I spent today putting the finishing touches on my project. There are many aspects of it I have made changes to or realized this past week of piecing it together. I learned a lot about colors- both how to paint them better and how to get the exact shade I want on InDesign. I like all the different shades I have going on throughout the pages. I am still a bit annoyed with the way the cover looks, but I really like how the feature article pages turned out.
As for the feature article, I really enjoyed the process of writing it. I learned a lot, contemplating its subject and through the interview correspondence. It got a bit long, but I honed it in and focused on the most important points and best pieces. As I stated in a previous blog post, I talked to two different people, but I decided to exclude the part of the psychologist. She gave me some of the ideas contained, but I did not have exact quotes like with Reiki master Paula Anderson-Oliver. It got to be a bit confusing so I focused it on her and on getting my point across to the audience as effectively as possible. As someone who enjoys writing and hopes to write fiction for a living, this was a bit different and I was dissatisfied with the way it sounded at some points. But I think overall it is appropriate for this magazine and showcases my vision. It makes a certain idea for self-improvement accessible to a wide audience but chiefly to mine of younger intellectuals.
The most difficult part of the project for me was using InDesign. I should have spent more time earlier this year messing around with it, learning its ins and outs. I had trouble scaling the images on the page and they are still not as exactly as I painted them in my eyes. However, I enjoyed producing this magazine, Cultureprism. I will turn in the InDesign file tomorrow morning.
Comments
Post a Comment